What's new

Archer C7 v 1.x "revisited"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Edd

New Around Here
Purchased an Archer C7 (v 1.1) 1 year ago and struggled, in vain, to get it to work reliably (specifically via an Asus PCE-AC66 wireless adapter). Off to the junk closet it went and there it sat - until this week. Brought in a Buffalo AirStation AC 1750 (with DD-WRT on board) and was immediately disappointed with the results. In an effort to troubleshoot my setup, I took the Archer out of mothballs, downloaded the most recent firmware (Archer C7_v1_140903) and lo and behold, it ran (and continues to run) circles around the Buffalo (which has already been repacked for return). I can't say I'm impressed with the frequency with which TP-Link bothers to update firmware, but this last round of code did the trick. I realize that 2.x versions are out and that a "C8" has appeared in some markets. Just an FYI regarding the 1.x.

Last edited: