What's new

Are all antennas on the ASUS RT-AX88U Pro the same, freely interchangeable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

libork

New Around Here
I bought three pieces of ASUS RT-AX88U Pro router. I unpacked all antennas from the package at once. Now I see that each antenna has a numerical marking on the bottom inside, e.g.: D2, D5, D6. Are all antennas the same, freely interchangeable between these individual routers?

Attachments

• 20240521_155310.jpg
    20240521_155310.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240521_160106.jpg
    20240521_160106.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I bought three pieces of ASUS RT-AX88U Pro router. I unpacked all antennas from the package at once. Now I see that each antenna has a numerical marking on the bottom inside, e.g.: D2, D5, D6. Are all antennas the same, freely interchangeable between these individual routers?
Those are likely injection mold cavity markings. No difference in the antenna.
If there were differences the install instructions would tell you.

Considering that all antennas are dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz antennas, there shouldn't be any difference.
Very few routers have different antennas these days, although it wasn't entirely uncommon when the first 5 GHz band products started to appear, but that was a long time ago.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!