What's new

Arris modem/router in bridge mode still transmitting Wifi... and locked out..?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Enzowns

New Around Here
Hello,

So we were issued an Arris TG862, one of those all-in-ones that even do telephone. I can access 192.168.0.1 with the default admin/password login just fine at start or a fresh reset. In my first attempt I disabled the wireless signal/network and it disabled successfully. I then proceed to set it to bridge mode and my time capsule begins to properly detect the connection. All is well until the next day I notice that the Arris is again broadcasting a wifi network... I try to login to 192.168.0.1 and it won't receive my password. I wondered if this was some funny business by the ISP and they said it may be buggy and a reset should fix it....

I start all over and reset it, I quickly change the settings again, set to bridge mode and it does the same thing. This time I didn't bother to disable the wireless, I customized the login password to see if I'd at least be able to get back in to the device settings. Same issue, I'm locked out and it won't receive any password. The ISP even gave me some random passwords to try with no luck.

Am I not resetting this thing properly? Is this intended? It just bugs me that I can't disable a wireless signal that I won't be using whatsoever. So I'm up to trying some things if it allows me to disable it.

Thanks.

Perhaps a 30-30-30 reset? Haven't done of those in a while, will try tonight. If it persists I'll simply state it's a faulty device and get it exchanged...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!