What's new

[ASK] DynamicDNS over VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adzie

Occasional Visitor
Hello All Expert & Enthusiast,

as per subject. is it possible to have routing for incoming or outgoing on specific port, let say port 8080 for Dynamic DNS over VPN? I have a situation where my ISP is using Private IP hence I cannot access my router over the internet.

the only solution indeed changing ISP, but not feasible on my side hehehe... deploying VPN is also another solution, however if I want this VPN only for DynamicDNS is it possible configure it on AsusWRT Merlin?
if yes does someone have tried it? mind to share the how to ?

thank you in advance for all the feedback..

If you're asking whether you can port forward over the OpenVPN client connection on your router and back into the router and/or LAN clients, that's certainly possible *provided* your OpenVPN provider supports port forwarding (some do, most don't). On the router, you'll just have to add the necessary firewall rules via scripting (not particularly difficult). The biggest obstacle tends to be finding a suitable OpenVPN provider.

As far as controlling what's routed outbound on that same OpenVPN client, that can be done selectively using the VPN Director, but only based on the source/destination IP, NOT ports or any other criteria.

Last edited: