What's new

Asus 68u router hangs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

middlearth

New Around Here
My Asus 68u with firm 374-41. Hangs randomly on gui login and between setup screens. Is this normal for Asus routers to act this way. If not is there a solution. The hangs last atleast 5min. the router hung with all the previous firm versions also. Patch cord has been replaced.

Any ideas. TIA

My Asus 68u with firm 374-41. Hangs randomly on gui login and between setup screens. Is this normal for Asus routers to act this way. If not is there a solution. The hangs last atleast 5min. the router hung with all the previous firm versions also. Patch cord has been replaced.

Any ideas. TIA

No its not normal. Sounds like a browser issue.

I wondered that also. I have tried different browsers with the same result. Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Also I have a old Dlink 655 router that has no problems just old and slow.
Its very frustrating. Confused!

What puzzles me is I haven't modded or scripted the router in anyway. I am running a Openvpn but it acted like this before i setup the vprvpn through giganews. Today I was half down on the net and wireless didn't work. Until i put in 41. I am thinking perhaps Heartbleeder may have got to me. Not sure but today was very strange.

Try completely disabling your security software. Some of them, like ESet SmartSuite, don't really like the router's webui.

Thanks. I use Eset Antivirus. I uninstalled Eset and problems solved. thanks
Now I will be talking to Eset about this. Again thanks.

This Topic can be closed. But Eset should be added to the known router issues.
I think Eset is the best virus scanner. So they need to help fix this issue.
Thanks all

This Topic can be closed. But Eset should be added to the known router issues.
I think Eset is the best virus scanner. So they need to help fix this issue.
Thanks all

Eset has been aware of this issue for months, and so far they haven't done anything about it. A shame, because they do indeed make an otherwise fine security software suite.