What's new

ASUS AC66U and Android Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

guinn3ss

New Around Here
I've dug quite a bit on this forum and found some information on some issues people have had with the AC66U and android devices but I haven't stumbled on a solution that works for me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (2.4ghz) that never loses connection to the router but I will be browsing on Dolphin Browser or the standard Internet browser and I get "Server not found" errors. This issue comes and goes. One minute I'll be able to connect to a website (NFL.com for example) and the next minute I'm getting the server not found issue. It's not just NFL.com that I've had this problem with. When I have these errors I am still able to browse on the app store or log into facebook or twitter with no problems.

I've tried multiple versions of the ASUS firmware and multiple versions of Merlin's firmware (currently on 270.26). I've tried manually setting the channel on 2.4ghz, static IP address, changing preamble to short, router reboots, etc.

The router works great on my PC connecting to the 5ghz signal, I haven't had any problems. My laptop is connected to 2.4ghz and it doesn't have any problems. I also have two PS3s that connect just fine. It's just this darn phone that has these intermittent connection issues I can't figure out.

Any suggestions or ideas anyone has I would really appreciate you help.

Thank you!

I have the same problem on this too. All the mobile devices, galaxy s1, galaxy s2, galaxy notes 2 and sony xperia and ipad having the same issues of losing connection after a few minutes.

It helps a lot once i changed the setting of the network interval key to 0 and enable xbox functions. It may also help if you can upgrade your modem firmware in your sgs 3.

Using latest firmware 354 from Asus for ac66u.

No problem here with a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7.

Please post your settings from the Wireless Professional page so I can compare them with mine.

For what is worth, I have no problems here either. Devices include iPhone 4, Samsung Tab 8.9, Huawei Honor, Samsung S II.

I am using merlin 3.0.0.4.270.25b. I also did not change any settings in the Wireless Professional page.

Thought I'd add my 2-bits ,

Nexus 7 ,Nexus 4, iPad , 3 iPhones , various types of laptops.....never have any problems...

Dolphin Browser on the other hand....crashes a lot....and cant connect to some web sites randomly...while using built in browsers or Chrome gets me connected every time.

Currently on 270.26 of merlins.

No problems here with 2 Asus TF300T android tablets. Internet, media streaming, upload/download, all work great. Asus .354 firmware.

For 2,4 don't use channels above 11. I had a similar problem when I had it configured with 40MHz bandwidth and 13u. Make sure your 40Mhz bandwidth doesn't exceed channel 11. Now running on 11u and it's running fine on a stock rom.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!