What's new

Asus AC68P or Linksys EA9200?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sv135

New Around Here
I'm looking to upgrade to an AC router. I've got several AC devices, 5ghz N devices, and some 2.4 devices. I can get the AC68P for $180 and the EA9600 for $200 ($250 with $50 rebate card at Staples). I like the idea of having the 2 5ghz bands on the EA9600 but don't know if the $20 difference is worth it over the AC68P which reportedly has better range. Appreciate any thoughts the forum may have as to which is the better choice?

If you have many (many) wireless clients and some of them are 'slow' 5GHz devices while the others are 'fast' 5GHz devices, it may be worth the $20 to have the 3 radios to segregate your devices by the level they are at. What you will achieve if done properly is that the fast clients won't slow each other down on the one radio and you will still have the slow clients available and not affecting the fast ones.

That is the theory, anyways. :)

The last thing I read on these forums was that the Asus AC3200 (3 radio) router was stable for a few people with the latest firmware. You might want to consider that router also. And if you do, be sure to use the RMerlin firmware (for any Asus router RMerlin supports).