What's new

Asus AC87R with latest Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stunner2xx

New Around Here
I am having multiple issues. I am finding that i can't access the admin WEBUI. I have to reboot the router and then it will be fine for a few hours. I am unable to login locally 192.168.1.1 or via DDNS HOSTNAME.asuscomm.com. I am unable to SSH either into the router when this happens.

Is anyone else having these issues?

I had another issue where it were DHCP was failing. Again these issues then to happen when the router runs for more than 6 hours? Is this a hardware or software issue? Help would be appreicated. Thanks

Running latest version of Merlin as of now

Last edited:
I am having multiple issues. I am finding that i can't access the admin WEBUI. I have to reboot the router and then it will be fine for a few hours. I am unable to login locally 192.168.1.1 or via DDNS HOSTNAME.asuscomm.com. I am unable to SSH either into the router when this happens.

Is anyone else having these issues?

I had another issue where it were DHCP was failing. Again these issues then to happen when the router runs for more than 6 hours? Is this a hardware or software issue? Help would be appreicated. Thanks

Running latest version of Merlin as of now
When was your last factory reset? Are you using AUTO for wireless settings wherever possible? Are your clients running updated driver software? Then you can try my tried and true method:

1) Factory reset.
2) Reflash router with firmware recovery utility while in recovery mode.
3) Factory reset.
4) Manually re-enter configuration settings.

If you search my posting Hx you will find detailed instructions on how to proceed if you are so inclined. Good luck! :)

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!