What's new

Asus AC87U - GUI stuck after Firmware Update (GUI is french)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pas DL

New Around Here
Hello
My AC87U is still working fine after a Firmware update except a tiny ridiculous thing : the GUI (in french) loads only a part of the screen, and the top of it is inaccessible (analyzed with Firebug : even modifying some numbers ...)
It is obviously a software problem.
I received a very brilliant and sharp help from ASUS help desk : please return the router where you bought it !

I remember I saw something about Firmware upgrade and language problem .. but unable to find again it.

Can u help ?

Regards

Attachments

• Asus.jpg
    Asus.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 319
There's a bug in some firmware releases related to unescaped accents. Switch to an English UI, and check the Asuswrt Firmware forum here for a newer beta - I think those issues should be resolved in these newer releases.

There's a bug in some firmware releases related to unescaped accents. Switch to an English UI, and check the Asuswrt Firmware forum here for a newer beta - I think those issues should be resolved in these newer releases.
Thanks for this answer ... but ...
The question is 'how to switch to English UI' ? The splash screen (first creen) is not completely built and the combo (top right) where you can switch to another language (when th scree is completely done) is not present on the screen (see the screen capture of my initial post) . I firebug all the code : the combo seems not to be present ...
Best from belgium !

Thanks for this answer ... but ...
The question is 'how to switch to English UI' ? The splash screen (first creen) is not completely built and the combo (top right) where you can switch to another language (when th scree is completely done) is not present on the screen (see the screen capture of my initial post) . I firebug all the code : the combo seems not to be present ...
Best from belgium !

Check your browser settings - you can tell the browser which language to use by default when visiting a language-aware website. You can temporarily set it to US-English.

Quick.. but :-((
My browser is set to english : I know it is the'best' to avoid ''problems''. In that case, for the router, I switch it to french because I am not familiar at all with configuring that kind of hardware : the terminology is really complexe.
May I also remember that
a) I am just able to use an address like 192.168.1.1 with no parameters (if any ... )
b) In the complete correct screen, there is a combo (top right) and i am quite sure that there is a parameter somewhere (may be a tiny DB) where the choice 'French' ..

your think ?

Merci

I'm not at home right now to look at how the language is handled by the webui, could be a POSTed parameter, or a cookie. The dropdown menu is indeed in the upper right corner.

The idea is to switch to English only temporarily, to allow you to flash a newer beta firmware that fixes the language issue. You would switch it back to French afterward.

I am very suspicious about the'Reset' button (if it can work) because I have a well working configuration for this router with +/- 20 'machines' that are allowed to connect so Iwuld like to retrieve all the parameters .. :-((
Of curse, I have no Backup config (could it be done ? )
The bottle neck seems to be (for me) theonly way to 'hook' the routeur that is to say only the adress 192.168.1.1
Probably if I could have some php to call to add to the IP adress ? it could help
Thanks a much to follow me :)
Great !
Pascal

The router does not run on PHP, it's a proprietary web server, with HTML + Javascript.

There's no need to reset the router to factory defaults, just access it as I suggested.

My understanding of your help is : start with a browser in 'English' ... And thats it !
My browser is set to English .. and when trying to reach the router ..does not work
Can you give me a bit more to help.

For php : I am sure that thru a long serie of google research I have found and tried something like
192.168.1.1/<Something i do not remember>.php
I am sure that it ends with php and I receive a fresh new screen (in french) and was about firmware update
It is late in Belgium (23:00) so I leave
I'll read from you to morrow
thanks