What's new

ASUS - AC88U dropping printers and cameras

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xboxundone

New Around Here
The network will run fine I have it running both 2.4 and 5GHZ. besides 3 devices all are wireless.

I have 2 brother wireless printers and 2 foscams. Everything will run fine for 3-5 days. Then randomly I won't beable to access the foscams. The printers will sometimes work for day or 2 then can't be found.

But if i look in the Asus client list they will show... the foscams and the printers. but if i leave client list open all of sudden it will refresh then show only 8 clients where before it showed 15. (1 of the printers and the two foscams have static ips)

Originally I had issues even detecting the printers so i disabled the firewall on the router that seemed to fix that issue.

I am using firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3941

Not sure what is going on any ideas or suggestions.

All other phones and computers and even network drives connect to the router and internet just fine.

The network will run fine I have it running both 2.4 and 5GHZ. besides 3 devices all are wireless.

I have 2 brother wireless printers and 2 foscams. Everything will run fine for 3-5 days. Then randomly I won't beable to access the foscams. The printers will sometimes work for day or 2 then can't be found.

But if i look in the Asus client list they will show... the foscams and the printers. but if i leave client list open all of sudden it will refresh then show only 8 clients where before it showed 15. (1 of the printers and the two foscams have static ips)

Originally I had issues even detecting the printers so i disabled the firewall on the router that seemed to fix that issue.

I am using firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3941

Do they use fixed(assigned) IP address? I am on either Asus RT-AC3100 or Netgear R7800. Cameras, printers never do that. Checked possible QRM(interference) or marginal signal strength?

Not sure what is going on any ideas or suggestions.

All other phones and computers and even network drives connect to the router and internet just fine.

I have the foscams and printers set to static ips issued by the router tied to MAC addresss

The printers are on other side of house but still have strong signals. One camera is on other side of house and other is just the room next to the router. If the closer one stayed connected I could see signal strength as issue but they both do it at same time