What's new

Asus AiMesh Node port tagging?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrmiyagi

New Around Here
I have a small footprint on my network with two asus routers and I am trying to figure out if I can configure the ports (VLAN tag/untag) on the AiMesh Node, in the same way you can on the main router (VLAN). I have a home lab server which I want segment but it's directly connected (Ethernet) to the AiMesh node. Is this possible? Any specific guides on how to do this?

Main router: GT-AX6000
Node: RT-Ax98u

I have a small footprint on my network with two asus routers and I am trying to figure out if I can configure the ports (VLAN tag/untag) on the AiMesh Node, in the same way you can on the main router (VLAN). I have a home lab server which I want segment but it's directly connected (Ethernet) to the AiMesh node. Is this possible? Any specific guides on how to do this?

Main router: GT-AX6000
Node: RT-Ax98u
Likely not with your combo. VLAN tagging of the AiMesh nodes appears to be possible only with Pro series of routers with the 3.0.0.6.102... firmware. I was not able to do it with an AX86U node but I beleice another group member did do it with an AX86U Pro router and node.

3.0.0.6 router + 3.0.0.6 nodes.

Likely not with your combo. VLAN tagging of the AiMesh nodes appears to be possible only with Pro series of routers with the 3.0.0.6.102... firmware. I was not able to do it with an AX86U node but I beleice another group member did do it with an AX86U Pro router and node.
Thanks! Ok so if I get another GT-AX6000 and make it my node then in theory this should be possible?

Thanks! Ok so if I get another GT-AX6000 and make it my node then in theory this should be possible?
Sure. As long as the node has the newer Asus firmware. An AX86U Pro or another Pro series router.