What's new

ASUS AXE7800 cannot connect to network via USB tether Android mobile data

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Daveeeeeeee

New Around Here
Hello, I'm new to this group and appreciate the access to people far more experienced than I. I need to use our Android cell phones for backup internet here. We can use them directly with usb tethering to our computers, but we have several devices hard wired to our ASUS RT-AXE7800 router that require internet access that we would like to keep operational while our rural service is down (frequently). When we try hooking them by USB tether to the router, the first time, it works perfectly. However, after disconnecting and reconnecting, neither of our two Android phones (Moto G 2024 nor Samsung A53 5G) will connect to the Fi service a second time. In the Asus router console, the message "You have probably stopped the WAN connection manually" appears. Rebooting the router and the phones has no effect. ASUS support has not been able to figure it out yet, and Google Fi says there should be nothing interfering from their side.....
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.