What's new

ASUS DDNS and port 8080

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AtariBaby

New Around Here
I can access most web server ports just fine this way on my server, but one of my services, Sabnzbd, uses port 8080, and that one I can't access. I thought maybe i needed a port forwarding rule to the sabnzbd port, but now I can't access the router config OR Sab via that port, though I can access all the other services at their respective ports, for example sickbeard service is on 8081. To further confound, that portforwarding rule I made for 8080 is not in the portforwarding rule list!

Does asuscomm.com aka ddns require 8080 be reserved for itself?

Last edited:
I had something similar when I was trying to use that port - I seem to recall it had been taken by something else via uPNP.

Go to 'system log' / 'port forwarding' , and check to see if anything has already allocated '8080' the 'port range' column. In my case it was a MyBook Live that had asked for a upnp direct for port 80, and the asus gave it 8080.