What's new

Asus EMB68 (AX7800): SAMBA accounts are unusable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

morsen

New Around Here
Hi all,

I hope somebody can help me. I had a set of XT9, which worked perfectly with my external hard disk. Now, I have purchased the EMB68 and GUI of expertwifi.net gives me a lot of troubles. The main one is:

Under “USB Application” and “Samba Share”, I can create new accounts besides my main “admin” account and assign R/W or R rights to it. (In Safari and Firefox the part with these rights is not even shown: I can see it only in Chrome) I assign the correct rights (R/W) to the new account but cannot access the data of the drive by using this account. The message “access denied” is shown in the application I am using. However, when I use the credentials of the main “admin” account, everything works flawlessly.

I suspect that the new accounts are just shown in GUI but the assigned rights (R/W) are not saved somehow.

How can I solve this issue?

I am running the latest firmware, have tested different browsers, devices and even the Asus ExpertWifi app on my tablet. I kept refreshing the expertwifi webpage, rebooting the routers, logging out and in again. Nothing works. I also checked all possible forums but could not find any solution. I have submitted feedback to the Asus technicians but I am pretty sure it will take months before they fix this.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online