What's new

ASUS GT-AX6000 Web Interface Slow Response over Local Secure Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Picard

Occasional Visitor
I have a GT-AX6000 router on the latest firmware and use a Mac and Safari to connect to the router webpage for configuration. I only access the router locally on my network and never access the router from a remote location.

In order to use the built-in password manager for Mac I log into the router using a secure connection because the password manager provides the correct prompts when using a secure connection. I use the secure connection and the certificate provided by ASUS. However, the router is very slow to respond when using HTTPS. This is true in the last two versions of the firmware (I did not use this approach for local access with previous versions of the firmware).

The router interface responds much faster when not using the secure connection. I just wanted to check with the community if this is normal behaviour?

Note that earlier this week as part of the latest firmware revision, I reset the router to factory default and updated to the latest firmware and the behaviour remained the same.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!