What's new

ASUS GT-BE98 Pro any new Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the_harpy

Occasional Visitor
Anyone have any inside about new firmware for ASUS GT-BE98 Pro ? or Beta ?
Or this model is already EOL
Last firmware (v3.0.0.6.102_34491) released on 07-May-2024 and its very buggy , I have already posted about wifi transmit power setting + MLO instability.
Also this firmware has problem detecting WAN port properly.
No option to link aggregation with custom port like 2.5G + 2.5G , why on earth Asus provided option to link aggregation with 1G +10G , could not understand , (ieee 802.3ad dynamic link aggregation only work with same link speed , same duplex)

Last firmware (v3.0.0.6.102_34491) released on 07-May-2024 and its very buggy , I have already posted about wifi transmit power setting + MLO instability.
No option to link aggregation with custom port like 2.5G + 2.5G , why on earth Asus provided option to link aggregation with 1G +10G , could not understand , (ieee 802.3ad dynamic link aggregation only work with same link speed , same duplex)

You're not serious, are you? The BE98 Pro EOL already? It's less than a year old, no way. I do agree that the FWs for the unit need some baking. Just waiting is about all you can do.

You're not serious, are you? The BE98 Pro EOL already? It's less than a year old, no way. I do agree that the FWs for the unit need some baking. Just waiting is about all you can do.
Ha ha yes I knew it can not be EOL so fast.
But Asus already released v2.0 and I think v2.5 and v2.7 are coming.
Thought they may ignore v1.0

With ASUS, that's BOL... beginning of life, half-baked and full of defects. EOL is actually the sweet spot.. as good as it will get.

OE

Patience. They are working on adding support for the newer hardware revision in the firmware.

At this time nothing indicates that it would be a different firmware, all hardware revisions should share the same firmware once the update becomes available.

I hope they are also working on the buggy WiFi, I’ve had occasions on reboot where devices won’t authenticate the password, times where the 2.4GHz radio just failed to broadcast, the 2.5Gb port won’t work as a LAN when you set a vlan under iptv, so many annoying bugs.

Which is a shame as when it works it works well.

With Asus, more you pay $$ less you got support and updates.... They released lots of new products super fast but they debug it ULTRA slowly... I'm very disappointed of them...

Asus is like Justin Trudeau (PM of Canada) disconnected of their clients!

With Asus, more you pay $$ less you got support and updates.... They released lots of new products super fast but they debug it ULTRA slowly... I'm very disappointed of them...

Asus is like Justin Trudeau (PM of Canada) disconnected of their clients!

I totally agree...

Patience. They are working on adding support for the newer hardware revision in the firmware.

At this time nothing indicates that it would be a different firmware, all hardware revisions should share the same firmware once the update becomes available.

Any indications to what has changed hardware wise?

Any indications to what has changed hardware wise?
A pressure sensor was added. This is required for AFC support, as the router needs to be access some location information to determine, using a database, which frequencies and how much output power is available to the router in its current location.

A pressure sensor was added. This is required for AFC support, as the router needs to be access some location information to determine, using a database, which frequencies and how much output power is available to the router in its current location.
But didn't they say they were adding AFC to their previously released WiFi 7 routers?

But didn't they say they were adding AFC to their previously released WiFi 7 routers?

I've read rumors that Asus plans to enable AFC, however I'm not sure that's possible without passing the FCC's AFC Device Under Test (DUT) Compliance test and being recertified.

The only FCC filings that I've seen from Asus containing this report is the GT-BE19000.

Read this a while ago:

The ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro, for example is the first with working AFC and MLO, and the GT-BE19000 is expected to be the first standalone router to follow suit. Asus also said that its existing Wi-Fi 7 routers, namely the RT-BE96U and GT-BE98/Pro will get AFC via firmware updates within 2024.

https://dongknows.com/asus-wi-fi-7-hardware-expanded-significantly (6/4/2024)

I guess time will tell if Dong really knows tech *smile*.
Dong is a complementor. Never highlights any real issues.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!