What's new

Asus PCE-AC56 WIFI adapter, how long is external antenna extension?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rcloud

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Does anyone know for certain (like, if you own this, could you measure it for me?) how long the extension cable for the external antenna base is?

On Amazon, someone says it's 100cm, someone says it's 3 ft, someone says it' around 2 ft....another review of the higher model, AC68, says that extension is only 60 cm.....

I have a TP-Link N150 card for my PC right now with matching external antenna that is 130 cm....it's great, i could probably go down as low as 100 cm but really can't be shorter than that....

I'm also open to alternative external antenna options that can accommodate 2 or 3 antennas.

Thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know for certain (like, if you own this, could you measure it for me?) how long the extension cable for the external antenna base is?

On Amazon, someone says it's 100cm, someone says it's 3 ft, someone says it' around 2 ft....another review of the higher model, AC68, says that extension is only 60 cm.....

I have a TP-Link N150 card for my PC right now with matching external antenna that is 130 cm....it's great, i could probably go down as low as 100 cm but really can't be shorter than that....

I'm also open to alternative external antenna options that can accommodate 2 or 3 antennas.

Thanks!
I have a PCE-AC68 and the extension cable is only 50~60 cm long; I can barely get the antenna base to sit flat on my desktop because of this short cable. I am going to remove it this month when I rebuild this workstation now that I can get a Cat-6 cable to it.

thanks for your reply! that's kind of discouraging though.

though i have a silly question, would it be possible to get 2 (for the AC56) RP-SMA extension cables, and put them between the card and the "extension" base that comes with the device? would this be the same cable, regardless of 2.4ghz or 5ghz? as long as it's M to F extension? any drawbacks?

i thought about running some network cabling, but it's more than i want to undertake right now. wife also gets anxious whenever i mess with the walls.