What's new

Asus PCE-AC68 not able to connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

melb0028

New Around Here
I'm having a very difficult problem. My PCE-AC68 is installed and recognized properly in the device manager. Both my 2.4 and 5 network are visible to the PCE-AC68. When I try to connect it is impossible, like it will not recognize my password or something more fundamental with the PCE-AC68. It simply will not connect to either network. I reset the router. Turned it to an open network so no password was required. Installed both the older driver version, and the newest 2071 driver. Reinstalled the driver and uninstalled about 10 times. No success, still same problem. Never able to connect to the network. I also tried turning off the beam forming and other advanced features and with no success. I can easily connect to the network on the same computer using a USB wifi adapter. Is my PCE-AC68 defective or is this a software issue? Asus helpline had no ideas. About ready to return it.

Windows 8.1 64 bit. Linksys router.

Last edited:
Could be several things. Ive never used PCE-AC68, so here are few things of top of my head for you to consider.

1. Bad PCE-AC68. Products do arrive DOA even if they pass Quality check.

2. Have you tried connecting PCE-AC68 to a different router?

3. It might not be compatible with your current router. Do you have latest OEM firmware installed?

4. Contact Linksys support and see what they have to say if you have OEM firmware.

5. What firmware you are running on your Linksys router? Is it OEM, DD-WRT, Tomatoe, etc?

6. Place the router right next to your PC that has PCE-AC68. Just because it sees it, it might be having issues connecting to it do to distance and or do to interference. If thats the case, then PCE-AC68 is bad or your router is not compatible or 3rd party firmware doesnt like/support PCE-AC68.

Last edited:
When you switched between driver versions, did you uninstall the previous one? Try uninstalling the drivers entirely and then just installing the latest one (only one that has official support for 8.1).

Also, look into updating your router firmware if possible. Incompatibilities happen. Just a few versions ago, the AC68 router had a beta wireless driver that was incompatible with some chipsets. Sometimes that stuff doesn't get caught before release (and that happens with other brands of routers too).

It could actually be the driver for the PCE-AC68 too. The wireless chipset it uses is similar to the one in the router and the latest driver was released right around the time that the firmware with the incompatibility issue came out... but that's just pure speculation on my part.

All that said, I have no issues connecting to APs with my PCE-AC68 on the latest driver and Windows 8.1.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!