What's new

Asus representative for this forum

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Staff member
Hi folks,

Forum user Asusnet has asked me to relay the message that he has moved to a new position within Asus, so he most likely won't be able to participate in the forums anymore (or very rarely).

If you have any issue that you need brought to Asus's attention, you can still use the "Networking_Support <at> asus.com" email address.

I do not know yet if they will have a new representative assigned to the forums, but I'll let you know if I hear anything from them about it.

Last edited:
Do you know whether CL-Jeremy from ASUS (competent to RT-N56U) still is participating in this forum? I didn't hear anything from him over a long time...

Ciao
Gerald

Do you know whether CL-Jeremy from ASUS (competent to RT-N56U) still is participating in this forum? I didn't hear anything from him over a long time...

Jeremy left the CL group months ago. This is why he's no longer around, and Asusnet was covering for him in the past few months.

It would be shame if there is no replacement for him.

I'm pretty sure Asus moved a lot of units because of both participating in these forums and RMerlin's firmware. Not to mention the excellent help from knowledgeable folks on various forums.

It would be shame if there is no replacement for him.

I'm pretty sure Asus moved a lot of units because of both participating in these forums and RMerlin's firmware. Not to mention the excellent help from knowledgeable folks on various forums.

Asusnet is actually a manager at Asus, not a customer representative. He wasn't moved from these forums, he was moved to a different management job inside Asus that isn't related to routers anymore.

Wonder if upper Management at Asus might have put down the foot on things...

It's a fine line - SNB has built a vibrant enthusiast community here - this is a good thing and can help sales quite a bit.

:)

But when looking at things as a manager, it's pretty scary to have direct employee participation in an unofficial forum (even indirect if using the ASUS brand in a user handle), as things can start to go their own way with regards to the "party line" and product development roadmaps, etc...

Also consider the legal action between ASUS and Netgear, then it is prudent to ask employees to restrain from participation.

It's a fine line - SNB has built a vibrant enthusiast community here - this is a good thing and can help sales quite a bit.

But when looking at things as a manager, it's pretty scary to have direct employee participation in an unofficial forum (even indirect if using the ASUS brand in a user handle), as things can start to go their own way with regards to the "party line" and product development roadmaps, etc...

Also consider the legal action between ASUS and Netgear, then it is prudent to ask employees to restrain from participation.

i agree. it's a loss, but not unexpected.

It was nice to have someone in the know as far as new firmware developments before Asus releases open source code, especially with the way the firmware for the AC68U has been the past few months. Also, there were some betas we wouldn't have had without Asusnet. That said, I hope Merlin still has access to contacts at Asus even if we don't have anyone on the forum.

Let's not start handing out tinfoil hats all around - there is nothing more to it than what I wrote already. CL-Jeremy and Asusnet simply moved to different functions inside Asus, and that's all there is to the story.

Asus even has a special group of people devoted specifically to interaction with the community (the Customer Loyalty group, of which CL-Jeremy was a member of), so the theory that upper management had a problem with user interaction makes even less sense - they have actual employees dedicated to that kind of interaction.

Let's not start handing out tinfoil hats all around - there is nothing more to it than what I wrote already. CL-Jeremy and Asusnet simply moved to different functions inside Asus, and that's all there is to the story.

Asus even has a special group of people devoted specifically to interaction with the community (the Customer Loyalty group, of which CL-Jeremy was a member of), so the theory that upper management had a problem with user interaction makes even less sense - they have actual employees dedicated to that kind of interaction.

It's not about tinfoil hats - it's about management of the "brand" and public interaction... This wouldn't be the first time I've seen this - there's always the indirect private channels for some companies, but I've seen people fired for less... we appreciate their efforts.

I think there is always a place for an enthusiast community - and members can be powerful leverage as evangelists of the brand - but there's a time, and perhaps with Asus' recent success, where things need to be better managed...

Worst case would be Apple's STFU policy... again, all about Brand Management and directing customers towards "official" sources...

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=11&SLanguage=en-us

sfx

Thanks RMerlin for the support contact.

I have created two service tickets and from my experience they are very professional, helpful and serviceminded with a interest in solving the issues I am facing as a consumer.

I was a bit sceptical before contacting them and affraid I would have to wait a long time before receiving an answer from them. But on the contrary I received a professional and timely response.