What's new

ASUS RMA Nightmare

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DickJonesOCP

New Around Here
Hi, I would like to begin my saying I have been using Asus products in my pc building business for over 10 years and have always been very pleased with your products and support. About a month ago a motherboard in one of my personal machines failed. Luckily it was under warranty, so thought. The RMA dept instructed me to fax RMA forms at my own expense. Including credit card # in plain text, unencrypted. Upon arrival they stated a typo or clerical error, and that I would need to resubmit the forms @ my own expense. I did so, triple checking all information. This time they informed me that my AMEX is expired. It expires 10/2016. Ive been in contact with cl-jolene@asus.com. She has not apologized for the product failing or the rma problems. In fact she has been combative, and refuses to let me speak to her supervisor. I have updated my newegg and amazon reviews to 1 star. The RMA # is USPC482108

-Charles Cunetto

Same here, I always liked ASUS but after dealing with returns the only thing I buy from them now is 24" monitors. Getting a nexus 7 repaired was a nite mare, we moved from verizon to net10 and she got a moto G smart phone so I never pursued it. One of these days when I get bored I may take it apart, the well known blank screen. Two co workers also had the same run around with google/asus.

I have no complaints. Not now. Not on this company. But one day I may, or will.

This is all the power you may have - kicking up some dust in a forum, or five or ten forums for that matter.

For a small businessman who doesn't deal with national or even regional resellers, this IS one of your options, DJ.

I'm glad this forum does this, and I hope all the others you may consider do, too.

Having tried in earnest to work with the company and its outsourced returns processor (they probably get a bonus for you know what)... take your diary of calls/emails and file a dispute with the credit card company you used for the purchase, and evidence the warranty.

I just sent my n66u (broken power button) back to them, should arrive today or tomorrow. I was not offered any advance replacement or asked for credit card numbers, just told to mail it in with an RMA number and fill out some paperwork. I hope I don't have any issues, I'm disappointed enough that the power button stopped working would hate to have anymore issues on top of that.

I think it really depends on your area at times.

Whats the local rma depot like in your area.

I never had Asus rma issues but for my lenvo tablet the local rma depot was a joke.

The tablet went in for a memory issues and they replaced everything but then lost it for three months.
Sent me a new one eventually that was broken out of the box.
Eventually the head office got involved and sent me a larger model they personally tested.

Five motnhs latter the original one shows up and it still got the memory issue...lol.