What's new

ASUS Router Android App - Offline Devices Clear All Warning

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vincent Clement

Occasional Visitor
ASUS Router Android App (Version 1.0.0.5.61 - June 5, 2020)

In the past, the offline list of devices under Devices > All would just grow and grow. There was no way to clear the list. In the latest version of the Android App, there is an option to Clear All in the offline section.

Great, I can finally clear that long growing list of devices, I thought. So I tapped on Clear All and the list of offline devices was gone from the app.

The next day, my wife couldn't connect her laptop to the router. Weird I thought as I just used it the day before for a Zoom meeting. I did all the things you do and the laptop would not connect. I logged into the router and it was working and devices were connecting to it. Okay, what's going on here.

I use Wireless MAC filter to allow specific devices to connect to my router and to which wireless network they can connect to. So I checked the list, and her laptop was not listed under 5Ghz. Odd considering I used the computer the day before. Checked the 2.4Ghz list and there was a bunch of unknown devices - I assign each device an IP address. Then it hit me, those devices were offline. Apparently, when you tap on Clear All in Devices >All > offline in the App, it removes them from your MAC filter list, which is not the behaviour I was expecting. Clear All did not delete any manual IP addresses assigned to those offline devices.

You can tap on a offline device and there is a Delete option. Can't confirm if tapping on Delete will delete the device from the MAC filter list.

First, middle and last point. Don't use any 'app' to control your network/router.

The issue(s) you saw are only the issues you see. There are many more with worse consequences.