What's new

Asus Router Configuration Printout

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DrEdE

New Around Here
I am upgrading from the ac68u to the ax88u Pro. Is there any way to printout all of the settings in the router (passwords, dns, etc) to make it easier to transfer to the new device? Thanks.

Not that I know of. I usually take screenshots of the pertinent pages and refer back to them. Another alterative is to save the web pages in your browser.

I just recommend you screen print (I use Nimbus w/ the Chrome browser) and copy certain fields from the GUI (ssh keys, custom configuration items in the VPNs, etc.). Although you could dump nvram using the following:

Code:
nvram show > /tmp/nvram.txt

... and scp the file back to your desktop, it won't necessarily be easy or obvious how to map those variables back to the GUI. Also, the output file will likely NOT capture larger text fields; they'll end up truncated. But it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case you miss something.

I am upgrading from the ac68u to the ax88u Pro. Is there any way to printout all of the settings in the router (passwords, dns, etc) to make it easier to transfer to the new device? Thanks.
You print each GUI page to PDF in addition to the various screen capture suggestions above.

I would recommend using the 'Lightshot' app, it takes screenshots of anything on your screen; not just in your browser.
Can save locally or to social media, image can be marked up/attonated and/or be printed directly to your printer.
[Sorry for the Baroque sentence structure :eek:]

[It is an app for Windows, Mac OS and Ubuntu ... also an addon for Chrome & Firefox *BUT* the app is not limited to Browser *ONLY*]

See https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

SCP does not work in stock firmware anymore.
Still supported on @RMerlin firmware.

Thanks! Good to know. The following should work just as long as ssh is still available. Probably even better since it avoids the need for file creation on the router.

Code:
ssh <user@ip-address> 'nvram show' > /local-path/nvram.txt

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!