What's new

Asus router design aesthetics. Join us, we have cookies

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

appleseed

Regular Contributor
Hello all, & Asus

Let's all chill and smile and laugh and rant into the void a tiny bit about how we are ignored.

Welcome to the design aesthetics gathering for Asus routers. Around the world there may be dozens of us.

Without getting too serious. Just a lil banter.
On aesthetics of course. For routers.
Yes, I know.

If you're wondering, please don't take this post too seriously. We really are not a contentious people.

But also, take us seriously.

Let's talk about Asus router aesthetics. Just want to know what you like, and don't like.

Color, shape, length, depth, width, internals, materials, cooling, circles, squares, rectangles, cubes, spheres, triangles, matte black, wall mounts, clamshell covers, backlighting, LCD screen anyone?

Inevitably someone comes in and says "well, I care more about performance than looks hurr durr...". okay? so do we?
We can have both, I'm sure.

Years ago big ISPs in the US/Canada went with vertical router design and I noticed Asus followed after with XT-8/12.
Back then, I thought about the designers who made XT-8/12, and those who approved it.
I was thinking, hey, cool you're trying something new, this is different. Stuck your neck out, praise be, I recognize you. I see you. Thank you.

I thought, okay, not the internal specs I want right now, but more of that please.
So I waited. Then nothing. For years.
Now, far too many Asus routers look like crabs and spiders.
f--- sake.
We're going backwards.

Think about all the places humans live: Homes, Condos, Skyscrapers, Apartments, Trailers, Rooms, Campers, Vans, Cabins, Lofts, Dorms, Basements, Huts, Boats for goodness sake. Not everyone is in a big house with thousands of sq feet/meters. Not everyone wants a face-hugger. Not everyone has extra table/shelf space. We are happy for those that do though!

Asus, more aesthetic options, please.

We exist, we have purchase power when we unite, we remain united by good design, even if we are dwarfed by spider lovers.

thank you

fresh cookies on the table in the back

Hmm, the GT AX6000
th
is pretty ugly though.