What's new

ASUS RT-A66U 5ghz issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gavlan

Occasional Visitor
I played a game of League of Legends with my friends earlier today, and we got random lag spikes ALL the time. I am running Merlin Firmware. Downloading files and skyping goes 100% fine, but when I play League of Legends (Only game I notice that it happends with), I get at times my ping from a stable 42 to 190-300 for 2-3 seconds. It's really annoying, as I need to have it low at all times in order to play optimal. Anyone got any ideas on what it could be?

You could try to disable the power savings options, sometimes they can be too aggressive....

On the clients - Wireless Driver - Disable any power savings options (set CAM mode), Disable APM/APSD options. Also try different settings for
Roaming/Roaming Sensitivity options. In Windows, set Maximum Performance in power settings.

On the router....
In Wireless/Professional - Disable Roaming Assistant, Disable WMM APSD

how many devices are connected to the 5GHz network when this happens? what is your 5GHz channel? AC or N client?

check what the link rate ur getting is if ur using windows.

your adapter needs to support AC, what adapter or wireless card are you using?

what channel and channel width do u have ur router set to?

check what the link rate ur getting is if ur using windows.

your adapter needs to support AC, what adapter or wireless card are you using?

what channel and channel width do u have ur router set to?

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

In case you wonder, I do have 2 unique SSID's for the Wireless Networks. When I check the connectivity it's also remarkable bad compared to the 2.4.

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

In case you wonder, I do have 2 unique SSID's for the Wireless Networks. When I check the connectivity it's also remarkable bad compared to the 2.4.

There are tons of threads of issues with Intel 7260. The problem with this cards drivers is really intermetent, often when you change some random setting on the card the action of making change restarts the card and it starts to run reliably Then at some point in the future the problem returns.

Intel 7260 seems to struggle the most when I am a small office that is running an ASUS RT-AC66U.

I have found that killing wlanext.exe process often helps. I have two unique SSIDs as well and have a half of a thought that Intel may be assuming you have the same SSID for both networks.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/47940
https://communities.intel.com/thread/51343

Intel spends a lot of time blaming other routers, blaming the os, throwing out work arounds that everyone already knows is not the answer.

Seems sometimes it is power management issue. Sometimes wake from sleep. Some times roaming issue.