What's new

ASUS RT-AC66R Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.726

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Odd as the AC66U is the same unit but they haven't updated this firmware under the AC66U listing.

Interesting, I did not check that page but its usually the other way around. Just installed it although I prefer Merlins builds...

U and R are the exact same router, with the same firmware, bit for bit.

It's probably just a matter of propagation throughout all of Asus's mirrors before it shows up.

NTP error in yellow with the 72x build
Keep getting a NTP time not synched yet error in the professional tab of wireless settings, even though iv tried multiple known NTP servers and did a factory reset of nvram after upgrading to this version...no dice. The time and date on the system log window seems correct too
Rt ac66u

-j

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

No problem with the NTP time setting or synched error on my RT-AC66U when I upgraded the f/w - did you reset as written in the Asus Download page for at least 5 seconds the reset button ?
I still have the driver Wireless Controller 6.30.102.9 (r366174) , was hoping to get an updated wifi driver for the 5 GHz problem - but no luck ....

NTP error in yellow with the 72x build
Keep getting a NTP time not synched yet error in the professional tab of wireless settings, even though iv tried multiple known NTP servers and did a factory reset of nvram after upgrading to this version...no dice. The time and date on the system log window seems correct too
Rt ac66u

-j

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

Problems with NTP on 72x

Screenshots from the web UI
AsusNTP1.jpg

Asus2.jpg

Asus3.jpg

Used Factory Default in the Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab...

(Odd I just rebooted it again, pulling the plug for a minute, and it disappeared... .. already rebooted it twice so not sure whats different this time)

Last edited:
I compared your screen shots and the only difference I could see was the wireless - the first screen shot - I suspect you did not use the reset button on the back of the unit .....

QUOTE=joltdude;81767]Screenshots from the web UI
View attachment 1453

View attachment 1454

View attachment 1455

(Odd I just rebooted it again, pulling the plug for a minute, and it disappeared... .. already rebooted it twice so not sure whats different this time)[/QUOTE]

(Odd I just rebooted it again, pulling the plug for a minute, and it disappeared... .. already rebooted it twice so not sure whats different this time)

I had the same warning. All I did was reboot and it went away...no factory reset.

No problem with the NTP time setting or synched error on my RT-AC66U when I upgraded the f/w - did you reset as written in the Asus Download page for at least 5 seconds the reset button ?
I still have the driver Wireless Controller 6.30.102.9 (r366174) , was hoping to get an updated wifi driver for the 5 GHz problem - but no luck ....

The version number isn't everything. When Asus does changes to the Broadcom code, the version number won't change, only the build date.

That is not the question - I just wondered if the Broadcom driver had been updated as I have been waiting and waiting for this new driver for such a long time.

The version number isn't everything. When Asus does changes to the Broadcom code, the version number won't change, only the build date.

That is not the question - I just wondered if the Broadcom driver had been updated as I have been waiting and waiting for this new driver for such a long time.

My answer still stands. Don't look at the version number, look at the build date to determine if this is a newer driver or not.

Ok, then I know how to see if the driver is new but I am just pi---d off that Asus and Broadcom does not have come up with an updated driver after so many months....
My answer still stands. Don't look at the version number, look at the build date to determine if this is a newer driver or not.

I'll give it a try, running the repeater version since I saw somebody mention that the 2.4 band was disabled on the mediabridge. Gonna update the AP point to as soon as my wife goes to bed. She doesn't like it when the network is unstable or restarts.

You are not the only who gets compaints when the network is not up and running - why can't the wife wait a little bit before starting to complain ......

I'll give it a try, running the repeater version since I saw somebody mention that the 2.4 band was disabled on the mediabridge. Gonna update the AP point to as soon as my wife goes to bed. She doesn't like it when the network is unstable or restarts.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!