What's new

Asus RT-AC87U - possible to disable access to intranet on wired users?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

superkake

New Around Here
Hello, I have a Asus RT-AC87U which is currently running Asuswrt-Merlin. In my setup we have several users where it's very important to disable access to intranet on some of these users. I am using the guest network feature and I have created a seperate SSID where I am using the "disable access to intranet" setting which works perfectly for wireless clients, but I would like to have the same option for wired users, is this possible? I have tried searching around but I can't find any information on this. Is it possible to for example set LAN port 4 so it doesn't have access to the intranet? If that isn't possible, is it possible to do it individually with every device that shouldn't have access to the intranet?

Not easily possible, because the LAN traffic goes through the switch, therefore it never goes through the firmware's firewall rules.

Rather than get into scripting/robocfg commands to manipulate the firewall, it would probably be easier to buy a managed switch and do VLANing. TP-link has an inexpensive 8 port that should work, model TL-SG108E