What's new

ASUS RT-AX59U cannot return to original firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asimdemir

New Around Here
Hi. I just bought a new ASUS RT-AX59U. I installed OpenWRT and it seemed too professional to me. For this reason, I want to go back to the original firmware, but the ASUS Firmware Restoration software is not successful.

After uploading the firmware file, the software fails. I have tried IP addresses 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.50.10. No other device is connected to the router. However, I could not restore the original firmware file.
I leave a screenshot below;

firmware fail.png

Supported routers
asus,rt-ax59u

1. install facinstall in openwrt
2. upload asus firmware in openwrt GUI

Supported routers
asus,rt-ax59u

1. install facinstall in openwrt
2. upload asus firmware in openwrt GUI
Thank you for your answer. I was running a guide and it asked me to enter the commands below.

Code:
ubirmvol /dev/ubi0 -N Linux

sysupgrade -F /bin/busybox

After applying these codes, the router is stuck in recovery mode. I wish I'd seen your message before I tried this... And now I can't get it out of recovery mode no matter what I do.

Openwrt recovery - just reflash.

Asus recovery - Make sure you have the correct firmware for your router/region. Make sure you are following the Asus guide exactly:

If that fails, you should be able to still recover but it is more involved with a serial cable + tftp:

I don't know what guide your followed nor do I have an ax59u. You will have better luck asking devs directly how to fix the problem you caused: