What's new

Asus RT-AX86U Pro 2.4Ghz 5Ghz Back To Default

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freddyjuarez

Regular Contributor
I decided to go back to default settings on

Channel bandwidth and Control Channel for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, after spending some time trying different channels and yes with the help of Netspot... I wasn't getting those same speed test like you see on the picture anymore so after going back to like I said default now I'm back to getting those speeds again can someone chime in as to why even I tho I'm sure I had a good channel manually picked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240810-114604.jpg
    Screenshot_20240810-114604.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 23

Channel bandwidth and Control Channel for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, after spending some time trying different channels and yes with the help of Netspot... I wasn't getting those same speed test like you see on the picture anymore so after going back to like I said default now I'm back to getting those speeds again can someone chime in as to why even I tho I'm sure I had a good channel manually picked

Speed test results can vary for many different reasons. No amount of chiming will be able to explain them all to you.

Set 2.4 Auto control channel at 20MHz bandwidth; and 5.0 Auto control channel excluding DFS channels at 80MHz bandwidth. If/when the router settles on a control channel for most of the time, fix it to that channel. If the 5.0 band is terribly crowded/noisy such that you notice client connections/performance suffering, backoff by setting 5.0 20/40/80MHz bandwidth (auto max bandwidth excluding DFS).

OE

Last edited:

It may help others if you post more information about what specific WiFi settings and channels you were using before you had the issue(s) and after you had the issue(s).

It may help you @freddyjuarez a lot if you just stop playing with the setting and let the router do its thing on default. :)

What is there to optimize so much? Wi-Fi spectrum is shared between all the users and will change dynamically every minute.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!