What's new

Asus RT-N66U Qos question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

simbey1982

New Around Here
Hello all first time poster,

I have an Asus RT-N66U (running latest Merlin) which i run a new Motorola Surfboard DOCSIS 3 cable modem through. I have finally diagnosed some intermittent internet problems that I have been having.

Google Photos Auto Backup sucks up ALL the upload bandwidth and makes the internet unusable until you find the offending phone and turn off Auto Backup.

My question is how do i use the Qos in the RT-N66U to limit that bandwidth? I have done some research and no one seems to know.

Until that time I have turned off Auto Backup. A solution would be a setting auto backup to limit the times of day to when I was sleeping but alas that is not an option

Cory

Last edited:
Hello all first time poster,

I have an Asus RT-N66U (running latest Merlin) which i run a new Motorola Surfboard DOCSIS 3 cable modem through. I have finally diagnosed some intermittent internet problems that I have been having.

Google Photos Auto Backup sucks up ALL the upload bandwidth and makes the internet unusable until you find the offending phone and turn off Auto Backup.

My question is how do i use the Qos in the RT-N66U to limit that bandwidth? I have done some research and no one seems to know.

Until that time I have turned off Auto Backup. A solution would be a setting auto backup to limit the times of day to when I was sleeping but alas that is not an option

Cory

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/drive/SUJe8y0oryA

I have seen some stuff about limiting google drive but like the link you posted it is generally a solution that is based on a PC like software.

As for the second link I am aware of how Qos works generally. I dont have Tomato firmware I have Merlin so it is slightly different.

I was just wondering if anyone had run into this specific issue and knows how to limit the traffic for Auto Backup from an android phone. It is not a specific service listed so currently I am going to try a simple "anything of 512k is a file transfer and low priority setting."