What's new

Asus RT-N66U stops passing traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tonyjdaniels

New Around Here
I have a strange issue going on. I tried the latest asus firmware ( Version 3.0.0.4.376.3602) and latest Merlin firmware (RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.49_4). At times, it's random (1-3) times a day the router just stops passing traffic. I have brighthouse Inet and if I plug a cable into the modem and hook up my laptop, I have Internet, so it's not my ISP. This happens with both firmware's from Asus and Merlin.

I also tried these firmwares:
FW_RT_N66U_30043763602.trx
RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.44_0

I back revd my firmware all the way back to RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.38_1 (7/24/2013) and it ran fine for a couple days so I split the difference and am currently running fine on firmware 3.0.0.4.376.44_0 (8/17/2014). This seems to be working fine, so I am about to try another "newer" firmware.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what's the issue and how can I avoid it.

Thanks in Advance.

Tony

Check your system log for any additional information - your description is too generic for anyone to venture a guess at to what could be happening.

Having exactly the same issue with non-responsive WiFi traffic and I also get the Max number dns etc messages every 24 hrs. I'm running Linux Mint Rebecca on my main machine with VirtualBox and Windows 7. I run BlueIris on Windows 7 and when I restart one of my H.264 cameras, the WiFi traffic issue is cleared up - but there are no messages in any log. Any ideas anyone?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!