What's new

ASUS RT66U - Port forwarding issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

knightowl

Occasional Visitor
Hi there, firstly... thanks for reading.

I need some help with the port forwarding on my RT66U router if possible.
I'm running custom Merlin firmware RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.47. I understand the basic configuration of port forwarding and have configured many routers with this configuration before and it has worked.

The aim of this is to access my security cameras from my mobile device.

I'm using dyndns, which works fine as VPN gets connected and other applications work.

On the WAN screen > Virtual Server / Port Forwarding I have entered in the service name, the port to which the dvr runs on pointed to the local static IP address of the dvr, local port and selected both. Selected the plus button and applied those settings. No joy.

When attempting to access the cameras whilst on my LAN with this configuration, I can see them straight away with no issues.
When I go outside my network, the app just says connecting.....

For testing purposes I have plugged in the router provided by the isp and the cameras work using dyndns and the same port forwarding rules which have been entered.

After trawling forums trying to find an answer, I have tried clearing out the nvram by enabling telnet on the device and running mtd-erase -d nvram
Still no joy.

I have checked the system firewall logs and have seen the request from when I was accessing

tcp 213.205.229.10:34181 192.168.0.15:18004 SYN_SENT

The only thing which I am yet to try is changing the port numbers on the dvr and amending the router port forwarding rules to see if there is an issue with the selected ports.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here....? Greatly appreciated.