What's new

Asus RT86U - ping problems.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

P

podkaracz

So since i bought asus rt86u i have ping spike problems. Any game is unplayable and my ping spikes to 1500 and 1000 sometimes. I tried every qos settings , merlin firmware , custom qos script , reupload firmware, initalize , reset settings. Whats funny when i connect old tp link archer c1200 i have rock solid ping not even blinking once .

My connection is 8mb download and 3mb upload . What can i do to eliminate those insane ping spikes?

I did some research and i found out i need to open some ports i did it with port 80 and 443 how safe is it? Now my ping problem seems to be gone but idk for how long.

I did some research and i found out i need to open some ports i did it with port 80 and 443 how safe is it? Now my ping problem seems to be gone but idk for how long.

How are you producing a ping problem? What problem are you trying to solve... gaming?

Check the security of your ports by using the Shields Up! test here: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

OE

I think my problem with ping was partially solved by opening some ports but i dont get full advertised speed on speedtest right now and i saw people from other topics had same issues what to do now?

Is there a guide on how to port forward. Becouse i did it in the wan > advanced > port forwarding and when i use 3rd party program to check if port is open by pinging my router it says its closed. What is this router doing i set something up and router blocks it anyways?