What's new

Asus wireless MAC address filtering synchronization between router and access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

udem1234

New Around Here
Hi everyone.

I searched on internet and did not find information in this regard.

Is it possible to synchronize wireless MAC filtering between router and access point ?

I had to duplicate the mac addresses that I want to allow on both the router and access point which may induce disparities...

Thanks you for your help.

udem1234

Your router will hand out the Ip to all devices including the AP. If the router is for eg 192.168.1.1 and the Ap is 192.168.1.XX there will be no discrepancies. You can copy them but it don’t see a way of doing that automatically. Either way it’s done via MAC address which will be unique to the device

Is it possible to synchronize wireless MAC filtering between router and access point ?
No there's no option built into the router to do that. The best you could do is dump the contents of the appropriate NVRAM variables to a file, copy that file to the AP and then load it. This is similar to what people do with the DHCP reservations, but it's not an automatic process.