What's new

Asus XT8 AiMesh Node Wifi Speed Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrAsus

New Around Here
I'm having consistent wifi speed issues with my Asus XT8 AiMesh setup, specifically on the node. I have x2 XT8 units, one setup as the router and another as the node. Whenever I'm connected to the router via WiFi I'm getting pretty much the speeds I expect (~500Mbps) based on my internet speed. However, when I'm connected to the node I'm via WiFi, I'm more often than not getting incredibly slow speeds (~10/20/Mbps).

I'm using ethernet backhaul, and have tested this on 2.4GHz, and both 5GHz connections, as well as across multiple devices. I will occasionally see faster speeds when connected to the node, but most see the very slow speeds. I've tested the speeds right next to the node, so it's not a distance/connectivity issue over WiFi (especially since the router connection provides the full speed expected). Rebooting the node seems to resolve the issue temporarily, but not for very long.

I'm out of ideas as to what might be the cause and resolution, can you guys help?

I'm having consistent wifi speed issues with my Asus XT8 AiMesh setup, specifically on the node. I have x2 XT8 units, one setup as the router and another as the node. Whenever I'm connected to the router via WiFi I'm getting pretty much the speeds I expect (~500Mbps) based on my internet speed. However, when I'm connected to the node I'm via WiFi, I'm more often than not getting incredibly slow speeds (~10/20/Mbps).

I'm using ethernet backhaul, and have tested this on 2.4GHz, and both 5GHz connections, as well as across multiple devices. I will occasionally see faster speeds when connected to the node, but most see the very slow speeds. I've tested the speeds right next to the node, so it's not a distance/connectivity issue over WiFi (especially since the router connection provides the full speed expected). Rebooting the node seems to resolve the issue temporarily, but not for very long.

I'm out of ideas as to what might be the cause and resolution, can you guys help?
If you have Ethernet Backhaul mode enabled, turn it off. My experience with AiMesh is to let the router and node automatically choose the connection.