What's new

ASUS XT8 and RT-AXE7800 won't work together in AiMesh setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lucaas

New Around Here
Hi everyone, I have a pair of XT8s running on firmware 3.0.0.4.388_24621 in AiMesh mode. To connect some wired devices, I bought a RT-AXE7800 (firmware 3.0.0.4.388_25058) and tried to use it as the main router and the XT8s will be nodes. The backhaul is wireless.
The router configuration for AXE7800 is no issue. After I successfully added the first XT8 as node, the uplink of XT8 is very unstable and drops out every a few seconds. And it completely disconnected after about 15 minutes. I even put them side by side and still the same.
I also tried the wired backhaul, the drop outs became to every a few minutes and after about 30 minutes it died too.
Are there any compatible issues between the ZenWIFI and RT series routers? Any idea why I can't add XT8 as node to AXE7800?
Thank you.

This is a very strange hardware choice. Your main router has 2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz bands, your nodes have 2.4GHz + split 5GHz bands. Even if this AiMesh was working properly - you can’t have dedicated wireless backhaul plus you have 6E on the main router only. What was the idea?