What's new

Release ASUS ZenWIFI XT12 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_35188 (2024/08/29)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone else run into problems with the 3.0.0.6.102_35188?
Router detects a new version is available, offers to upgrade, downloads and starts upgrade, which seem to run normally, but after restarting the firmware is still the old version.
Manual download of the 3.0.0.6.102_35188 firmware ends with a complaint that the firmware image is corrupted or wrong version. :/

I had no problems at all.
Just to be clear, you have a XT12 and not ET12?
ZenWiFi Pro XT12, never had any problems upgrading the firmware until now. It's detecting the newer version, and if I go ahead and upgrade all seem to work, but it's stuck on the previous version, and then go on to detect there is a newer version. I downloaded the newer firmware, checked sha256 checksum but attempting a manual update aborts with a message stating the firmware image is wrong version or corrupted. :/
Checked the system logs but can not see any obvious errors there.

Good news is that the firmware seem to be running, the router is not falling back to "failed upgrade" mode, but it'd be nice to be certain what is actually running on it and why the manual upgrade rejects the firmware image.

Try completely clearing your browsers cache and/or using a different browser.
I updated with no issues using Firefox.
Direct link to the firmware: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ZenWIFI_XT12/FW_ZENWIFI_XT12_300610235188.zip?model=ZenWIFI Pro XT12
Tried with another browser, no scriptblockers active, same problem.
File size of the one you linked is same as the one I downloaded, both match the SHA checksum listed on support site, and diff reports no differences.
I'm a bit wary to try downgrading to an older version as I really really need my connectivity, but I guess that's up next.

Posted this mostly if others run into the same problem, but so far it seems I've just been unlucky.

Upgraded to 3.0.0.6.102_35186 and then 3.0.0.6.102_35188 without hassle. The second looks like it's probably a fix for a specific vuln, or some bad stuff they slipped out in 186.

Defects:
  1. Both versions have trashed my secondary SSIDs (VLANs and "guest networks"). Not great. The VLANs still exist in the UI but the SSIDs aren't active. So my IoT devices are offline and guests.. have no network. The fix is probably to delete the now empty UI cards for my two additional SSIDs and then recreate them.

2. The label says "pro", which I think stands for "professional". But that's an *unprofessional* firmware update.

ZenWiFi Pro XT12, never had any problems upgrading the firmware until now. It's detecting the newer version, and if I go ahead and upgrade all seem to work, but it's stuck on the previous version, and then go on to detect there is a newer version. I downloaded the newer firmware, checked sha256 checksum but attempting a manual update aborts with a message stating the firmware image is wrong version or corrupted. :/
Checked the system logs but can not see any obvious errors there.

Good news is that the firmware seem to be running, the router is not falling back to "failed upgrade" mode, but it'd be nice to be certain what is actually running on it and why the manual upgrade rejects the firmware image.
I’ve experienced the same exact issue. Difference for me was one router updated to 35188 successfully but the other failed. I tried it 5 or 6 times both automatically and manually but it kept failing. So now I have one on 35186 and the other on 35188. I’m not sure what else to try short of resetting it which is not on my agenda. Maybe I’ll wait until Asuswrt-Merlin incorporates the latest patch and try updating both routers to that firmware.

Good to hear it's not just me. I'll also wait and if problem persists I'll do the reset solution. Sounds like it might be a setting that causes the failure?
I'm running mine as mesh router with several mesh clients, no VPN, no guest network. How about you?

Good to hear it's not just me. I'll also wait and if problem persists I'll do the reset solution. Sounds like it might be a setting that causes the failure?
I'm running mine as mesh router with several mesh clients, no VPN, no guest network. How about you?
Mine is set as a mesh router setup with available home VPN, all outgoing traffic running through VPN Fusion server, guest network, multiple internal networks. What’s interesting is the main node is the one not updating but the other node updated no issues.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!