What's new

asuswrt port to netgear ARM router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ghoffman

Occasional Visitor
any chance of porting asuswrt to any of the netgear arm routers with the same boardid (r6300v2, ac1450)? i think these are nearly identicle to the asus rtn66 model that has usb3 on it.

thanks for any thoughts.

any chance of porting asuswrt to any of the netgear arm routers with the same boardid (r6300v2, ac1450)? i think these are nearly identicle to the asus rtn66 model that has usb3 on it.

thanks for any thoughts.

Zero chance. Part of the rationale behind my firmware is to optimize Asus's firmware, which means keeping all their existing features, including their various proprietary/closed pieces, to maintain the same level of performance and functionality.

Running these (such as AiCloud, the Tuxera driver, etc...) on a non-Asus device would be a license violation, and could potentially lead to lawyers getting involved.

And if you start removing all the proprietary elements, then you end up with something that would probably have fewer features than a stock Tomato, so you might as well go straight to Tomato.

If someone feels like tinkering and doesn't care about dealing with the legal consequences, up to them. But personally I won't do it, and I will offer zero support to anyone trying to do so.