What's new

AT&T BGW320 Gateway + Asus or Netgear Router results in unexpected geo-block from various websites.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Geoblocked24

New Around Here
Hello,

I have ATT Fiber with BGW320 Gateway when directly connected to a router results in corresponding devices on the network (mobile/laptop/desktop) being unable to access a variety of websites like sling.com and other innocuos websites. The error message when browsing the web is that you are located in a non-US country so you're blocked. I am in the united states. This problem happens with either an ASUS Wireless Router or a Netgear Wireless Router. If I directly physically connect the device to the AT&T Gateway then I can access these websites, if I use any router connected to the gateway I get the blocked message.

ATT Support was less than helpful indicating since direct physical connection or ATT wifi was operational that this was a router problem. Although the same issue happens with all routers connected to the gateway.

I'm wondering if there is some setting I *must* now set on the Gateway in additon to pass through to resolve this, or if there is something needing to be configured on routers when connecting to a gateway.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

1727563569496.png

I might be helpful to know how the router is networked to the gateway. What is the WAN IP in the router's interface?

Make sure you setup the BGW320 Gateway in passthrough mode and make sure the mac address of the Routers wan port is on the list
1727569988666.png

You'll get an IP from fixed IP AT&T, should resoulve your issue Netgear or ASUS.
Same as when you connect a devices directly ot the Gateway.

On the Router end, in my case ASUS AX88u set up the WAN to something similar
1727570439889.png

If tyou want IPV6 then you can also do this
1727570579212.png

If all is OK you'll get to the bottom of the Gateways status page and see the assigned (public) address like this "x.x.x.x / passthrough" or "Device List"

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!