What's new

auto logout not working on 380.69 rt-ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eastavin

Since updating from 380.68_0 I see the auto logout does take place anymore when the default 30 min goes by. It used to work perfectly on the old release. Not a big deal but I though I would pass it on. I have reboot the system a few times but no effect yet. It has been running the newer firmware for about 7 days now.

Note that some pages may ignore that limit (for instance pages with dynamic updates like the QoS statspage).

Note that some pages may ignore that limit (for instance pages with dynamic updates like the QoS statspage).

I can't seem to get the auto-logout function working on the latest 384.6 firmware either. I don't have QoS or etc enabled.

Am I doing something wrong? I have set the timer to 15 minutes from the default 30, the setting sticks but the router doesn't follow the command.

I can't seem to get the auto-logout function working on the latest 384.6 firmware either. I don't have QoS or etc enabled.

Am I doing something wrong? I have set the timer to 15 minutes from the default 30, the setting sticks but the router doesn't follow the command.

All I can say is that it's working for me.

What's important is not which feature you enable, but rather on which page you leave your router interface.

All I can say is that it's working for me.

What's important is not which feature you enable, but rather on which page you leave your router interface.
I see, so if I close out the router from a page with dynamic elements, it won't log me out?

Thanks for your reply, and for all the work you've put into this! I just started using this firmware yesterday and I'm liking it so far!

I see, so if I close out the router from a page with dynamic elements, it won't log me out?

You will still be logged out. Separate to that auto-logout, there is also a session timeout that's 1 minute long if I remember, and which occurs if your browser starts talking with your router.

I installed 380.70 on my RT-AC68P (running as a Media Bridge) nearly 5 days ago, today something odd happened for the first time: I booted up my desktop, fired up my Firefox and went to my router page and it let me in without the usual admin login/password. I closed and restarted my browser and again could get in without login/password. Prior to today, the session would never persist following a browser close, and would automatic timeout after prolonged inactivity.

Interestingly, this behavior only happens with Firefox (version 65.0.1 (64-bit) dated 2/12/19); with Chrome or IE the behavior is still the same as it has been before today. This seems to point to new Firefox as the culprit of this behavior change.

Last edited: