What's new

AX11000 WAN Aggregation Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

munkyxtc

New Around Here
My home internet recently increased to 2gbps from 1gbps. As a result, i was messing w/ the configurations of my AX11000 to enable WAN aggregation (cat 6 from WAN + LAN4, to modem 1G Aggregate ports). I am running Merlin (latest) and internet is accessible and stable but no speed increase from initial testing. Modem (Netgear CM3000) has LAG enabled; all icons lit up in white. In modem software showing WAN Aggregation on my network overview; however, it doesn't show a speed after the colon (see screenshot). In other references I've seen to this, after enabling aggregation it will show as 2gbps in the router web ui. So where I'm at now, is I can't tell if this is not setup correctly or if its just a display issue w/ the web UI. Before I invest too much more energy just trying to figure out what the expected visual would be. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• router.jpg
    router.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 16
So just a status update. I performed a full power cycle of both my modem and router again last night and the 2gbps is listed in the UI where I expected. One observation; although I had already updated my router to the latest version of merlin, applied settings and rebooted this subsequent reboot went through a longer 'applying update' cycle. Perhaps some settings weren't previously applied. Regardless, looks like I'm good on this now.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!