What's new

AX68U and AX88U - factory reset itself

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fats2576

New Around Here
For over 3 years have been running AX88U (all firmware regularly updated) connected to ISP and using AIMesh (wired) to 2 x AX68U routers. I have it scheduled to reboot every night.

This morning, I had no internet. Then realised the issue was actually the 88U could not connect to ISP (PPPOE), and although the Wi-Fi SSID was visible, and devices thought they were connected without internet, no devices had IP addresses etc. I did a hard reset (button push), and created a new Network, but could not connect to ISP. I grabbed one of the 68U devices and reset and connected to ISP with no issues. Just put the 88U away thinking will look at it at weekend.

Decided to rename the SSID, and reconfigure the network, as have been meaning to do for a long time, and reconnected all devices, and working fine. Then after approx 2 hours lost internet again, before realising all new SSID'd had disappeared and the only visible was the factory default wi-fi of the primary 68U. Have just gone through and reconfigured again (and taken a backup this time!).

Anyone experienced similar? Is it likely to happen again? Has there been a dodgy firmware release recently (both 68U are running 3.0.0.4.388_24646-g82d7bf6.

I will bring the 88U back online on AIMesh over weekend, and re-check firmware (as without ISP connection could not check it earlier). Odd to have experienced this twice in one day.........

Similar issue with an AX68U a couple of days ago. One of my wifi clients was having issues connecting, so I rebooted the router, and the SSID came back with the default ASUS_60 with a password.

Doing a fresh install to make sure it wasn't a config issue.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!