What's new

AX86U, enable MU-MIMO?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarioX

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys, just replaced a Linksys EA9300 with an AX86U. Trying to find the best way to optimize this as I'm not really seeing that much performance difference than the 9300. I installed the latest Merlin firmware. Trying to figure out what other settings I should change. Do I enable MU-MIMO? Disable.DoS? Smart Connect is disabled and channels are set to auto. Any other suggestions?

EDIT:. I should mention I have the AX connected to an ARRIS SB8200 modem, with a 1Gb service. The router is on the main floor of a 3 level home. My PS5 on the same floor barely gets 36Mbps on the 5ghz ssid. I'm not very technical and wondering if I should just pay someone to come and optimize it for me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys, just replaced a Linksys EA9300 with an AX86U. Trying to find the best way to optimize this as I'm not really seeing that much performance difference than the 9300. I installed the latest Merlin firmware. Trying to figure out what other settings I should change. Do I enable MU-MIMO? Disable.DoS? Smart Connect is disabled and channels are set to auto. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Use Dual Band SmartConnect, keep the rest of WIF at default except 2.4 GHz at 20 MHz Auto channel, 5GHz at 20,40,80,160 MHz Auto channel no DFS. Turn off WPS.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!