What's new

Axe-16000 net dropout

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrGameShow

New Around Here
Hi friends!

I upgraded my AC-5300 to the Beast AXE-16000 recently, as it wasn't keeping up with speed expectations.

My provider (Execulink/Rogers in Ontario), popped me up from the 1Gb plan to the new 1.5Gb cable plan, which required a new modem.

However, since the switch, it seems like my 16000 "randomly" decides that it doesn't like the internet anymore, disconnects everything for a few moments (enough to disrupt online games and such), then just gets finicky on if it wants to connect after that.

A reboot of the router fixes things, but then happens again randomly in the future. So I'm not thinking it's the modem.

I swapped the firmware to Merlin thinking maybe that may help, but same issue occurred.

What settings or logs could I check "when it happens" to see what may cause the issue to course correct?

Thanks in advance!

P. S. I do have a USB drive attached, but it's never caused issues until the speed upgrade.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!