What's new

Belkin n750db - degraded performance over time?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TechnikalKP

New Around Here
I've noticed that over a period of time (24-72 hours), the wan performance of my Belkin n750db drops. I'm on a 30/5 internet service plan, and usually test 29-31 mb/s down. However, after using the router regularly for a period of time, the performance drops and I max out around 12-13 mb/s. This impacts both 5ghz and 2.4ghz radios, as well as wired connections. Resetting the router restores performance. Even updating the DNS entry on the router, which doesn't require a reboot, restores performance.

I do not see this issue when using AP mode.

Anyone else seeing this?

sorry to bump this but I have the exact same issue as the OP. any chance any one out there knows the resolution to this problem?

Have you kept a little record of speeds versus day vs. time of day vs. server you used for testing? With wired not WiFi?

i don't really have to. i plug the computer directly into the cable modem i get 30 Mb down. i unplug it, plug it into the router, reboot the modem to refresh, and i get 10 Mb down, which then slowly becomes 2Mb down after a couple days. i can then do a factory reset of the modem it goes back up to 25Mb down and then after a few days back to 2. until a reset it doesn't come back. if it was time related, it wouldn't restore immediately after a reset of the factory settings.

i actually started trending at one point, but it just kept going down, irrespective of the time of day.

Here's the obligatory "upgrade your firmware" post.

If not rock DD-WRT or Tomato and see what happens. Routers are like cars - they don't build them like they use to.

I don't agree with having to use 3rd party firmware to fix this.
Assuming your slow-down happens every time, with wired not WiFi.. and assuming you have reset to factory defaults then reconfigured for nothing odd, I'd say the product gets returned or round-filed.

I don't agree with having to use 3rd party firmware to fix this.
Assuming your slow-down happens every time, with wired not WiFi.. and assuming you have reset to factory defaults then reconfigured for nothing odd, I'd say the product gets returned or round-filed.
I'd give it a try. you're talking about 20 minutes to install tomato then another 15 maybe to put the manufacturer firmware back on there maybe. I'd be shocked if the entire process from stock to 3rd party back to default took an hour.

guess it's all in how much tinkering you want to do

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online