What's new

Best AC1750 wireless as access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PlumberOfDeath

New Around Here
I'm looking to update my home wireless network and future proof it somewhat as well. It appears that as you get up in the performance numbers for AC1750 wireless routers the feature list grows as well, DLNA, printer sharing, etc. Honestly, I manage all of that on my own home servers, firewall, and dhcp/dns and would prefer to focus wireless performance, stability, flexibility, and security and leave all those other features in the box.

I'd like something that I can run custom firmware on, such as dd-wrt, but am not exclusively tied to that if I can get the flexibility I'm looking for with the stock firmware. I'm primarily looking to extend my existing network with a secure wireless access point and some wireless routers seem tied to running solely as a firewalled router.

Can I get some suggestions? Are there others in my boat with experience they can share?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!