What's new

Best AX86U Pro mesh system (maybe XT9)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pitchwise

New Around Here
Hey everyone,

I'm moving to a new apartment and the current setup with just one router doesn't provide sufficient coverage, especially with concrete walls. I already have an AX86U Pro router. I'm interested in setting up a mesh network, but I'm not sure what would be the best addition to my network in this scenario. I have many smart home devices and I've already run a Cat 6 cable to the room where I'd like to install this additional node. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can I just add one XT9 or whatever would work best in this case? My current connection is 1000/200 Mbps, and I would like to keep it close to that throughout the whole apartment.

Also, I would like it to be future-proof if I get an even better connection in the future.

Get one more RT-AX86U Pro. AiMesh works best with identical units, they will run the same firmware and be updated at the same time, both are Asuswrt 5.0 compatible and the new firmware features will be available network-wide. Two units will be perhaps sufficient for your apartment.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!