What's new

Best Mesh System (WiFi 6, 6E, 7) for End of 2024?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NJRonbo1

New Around Here
I tell yuh, nothing has been more stressful lately than trying to pick a reliable mesh system to replace my 2nd Generation Eeros.

I have a large, multi-level home. Let's say just under 3,000 square feet but not sure of that number.

I have, for years, had a 2nd generation Eero mesh unit. 5 units total strewn across my home.

2 of the 5 units are connected by ethernet, at opposite ends of the home, from the same router. I am guessing that is what is called ethernet backhaul.

With all those Eeros across my home, with a 1GB Incoming connection, I get 400mbps wireless download close to the wired Eero and 190mbps download close to the unwired Eeros.

Those are not great speeds

So, I want to upgrade to get better wireless speed results on my iPhone (WiFi 7) and Macbooks (Wifi 6)

I was going to go with the TP-LINK BE95 of BE85 (WiFi 7) 3-pack. However, having 5 Eero units scattered across my house, I don't know how well just 3, supposedly more powerful, TP-LINK units are going to boost my speed.

Then I thought since they are on sale and very cheap right now, I could buy 2x3packs of Eero 6E pro and scatter those across my home, 6 nodes total, closer together, and hope for improved speeds.

Any suggestions?

Can I get at least 600mbps+ wireless speeds anywhere in my home merely moving up from a 2nd generation Eero mesh (5Ghz) to a more modern 6E or 7 mesh?

Can 3 of the Eeero 6E or 3 of the TP-LINK units (with Ethernet backhaul) do the job of the 5 I currently have?

Finally? Which mesh unit? The professionals love ASUS. However, read reviews and so many people have problems with installation or dropouts. The YouTubers love TP-LINK DECO but most professionals refer to them as crap routers.

The professionals love ASUS

No. Asus doesn’t have any professional gear. They just started marketing the new ExpertWiFi as such, in reality the same hardware as consumer gear they already have running similar Asuswrt firmware.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!