What's new

Best N600/N750 router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

urik

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys,

I'm due for a router upgrade. Currently running the Uverse 2wire 3800hgv G router-hate it... I had a previous post where I was thinking of getting a top-notch N router; the the recommendations I received were for the Amped Wireless r2000g and Apple Airport Extreme. Those are good routers, but I'm starting to think that spending that much money on a last-gen router (right as AC will be leaving draft and top-notch AC routers will be hitting the market) may not be the best course of action for future-proofing myself. Perhaps it's wiser to get a cheaper N600/N750 router for a year or so until the AC routers mature. What do you guys think? Any recommendations? I read that Asus is great b/c they support their products with firmware upgrades for a long time (which isn't the case with Netgear, Cisco/Linksys, and the others). But I can't find an Asus model that seems to have dual-stream and simultaneous dual-band.

Can you guys recommend me a good N600/N750 router with dual-stream and simultaneous dual-band technology?

Kinda stuck. Thanks!

Honestly I didn't even consider the RT-n56u since in the review of the RT-N66u it said about the rt-56u that it is "a single-band N Gigabit router with a few USB ports." I'd like a simultaneous dual band two stream.
That statement is incorrect and has been fixed. Thanks for pointing out the error.

Hi,
There is RT-N65U as well.
When I had Netgear WNDR3700V2, It worked very well with OpenWrt F/W.
Buying decision is up to you, you decide.

Last edited:
Hi,
There is RT-N65U as well.
When I had Netgear WNDR3700V2, It worked very well with OpenWrt F/W.
Buying decision is up to you, you decide.

I think that the Asus RT-N56U is the best bang for buck from Asus at this point, at least for my current needs. I was just curious if Linskys or Netgear didn't have anything more compelling for those same specs. Otherwise, RT-N56U it is!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!