What's new

Best router for range/signal strength?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

G

Guy Legend

Just asking what is recommended. I'm most interested in boosting the wifi strength of my PS3, which routinely hovers around 37-50% signal strength. My PS3 is on the 2nd floor of the house while the router is in the basement. I know that's not optimal, but I'd like to turn to better router first.

Right now I have a standard wrt54g.

I'm inclined in upgrading to this: Linksys WRT160N Ultra RangePlus Wireless-N Broadband Router
41zZIJQtV8L._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Z3U1P6/?tag=snbforums-20

Do you think I will see a boost in signal strength with this? I also have a laptop that's capable of using the N-band, so I figure might as well get this over the non N Rangeplus Linksys. Any advice or recommendations to other routers? I came to Linksys first because the I've had good experiences with the wrt54g and device compatibility. Thanks for any help. :)

I have ran the wrvs4400n Linksys router for over 6 months and ill have to admit it’s the first router I haven’t had to reboot once a month or every 2-3 months. Very reliable.

you can try wgr614l. wireless is good. I am using it, no problem faced till now.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!