What's new

BEST WAVE 2 ROUTER'S X4 OR AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Hi Guys,

I was expecting the best wave 2 router. I liked the asus router firmware of extra's like cpu , ram usage and so on.

But it too costly as i get wave 1 price of asus is now wave 2 of Netgear. I heard x4 is slow and not performing as wave 1 ac1900. But does it really makes difference . I also see it even covers 3000 sq ft area easily but the Asus router does suffer range.

I wanted features and range. If the router can do Downlaoding stuff it would be gr8. But i currently have only 2 ac client which is 1x1 and 2x2 . So may be by end of this year i will have many ac clients including pc .

So it sure shot of future proof. I current OWN Netgear wndr 4720 as prime router and it serves the purpose. But at time due to static IP of my ISP provider. Though i keep it cool. At times the net is dropping. Never had issues with wifi. As even client connecting at 150Mbs i reach 120 easily with smartphones..

But just wanted to have some reliable router as prime as net never gets disconnected.

Also to have future proof router.

I was little concerned as i wish if ftp downloader is integrated It would be gr8 in netgear routers. As it can handle things. Hope in future netgear also starts integrating few features like dual wan and apps support.

There is no "future proof" router, least of all first generation 4x4 AC2350/AC2400 using Quantenna 5 GHz radios. They are being obsoleted by QCA-based AC2600 class, first of which is Linksys EA8500.

QCA will need time to tune algorithms, especially MU-MIMO. I would give it at least a couple of months before buying. More options will be out then.

Again, trying to buy something "future proof" in Wi-Fi is a fool's errand. Lots of new stuff is still coming.

I dont want every new technology. I wanted just the best in class wave 2 with MU MIMO. Which x4 is ready for that with future firmware.

As the spec says IOT based processor and secondary processor which is 1.4ghz dual core.

My expectation is kindly of mix and match of better range with best speed as possible to take complete advantage of ac wireless.

Assuming say if more than 10 devices with 2x2 or 3x3 is connecting for internal transfers. Then it should cater the needs.

refer my reply in that post.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/need-a-wifi-router-with-bandwidth-metering-limiting.24745/

Every new technology has it own advantage and disadvantage. I was trying to get the mid level which does provide

Better range
Better Throuput
Better load balancing
Apps install option
MU MIMO ready and available when clients are available.
Stable performance over extensive usage.

I am holding off my purchase still AC standard stablizes. As i have only 2 ac client smartphone which is 1x1. May be anything beyond ac 1200 is over kill.

But do let me know if Dlink ac 1200 is worth to buy. Just i wanted to speed up my local transfer from 10-15MB to 25-30MB/s.

If i get 433Mb/s link is that.

I decided to go for AC nighthawk and it was stable and fast enough in video streaming and little ok for FTP download. But it ok. I wanted best stable router.

I also able to bridge the same with my old centria for best NAS performance and best wifi from r7000

Could be but still it needs to be based on once requirements say in a house 50+ devices with 1gb Internet line could utilize mu mimo

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk